What can we do for you at Coquina ?
Of course our guests are discerning travellers, who look for experiential tours that give them a purpose to travel apart from leisure and pleasure. At Coquina they can learn to cook a few dishes from the array of complex Indian cuisine and our Awadhi dishes do not stop at the meaty dishes borrowed from the Mughals, but also appreciate Awadhi influence in Kayasthas (white collared class from Hindu community), Anglo-Indian cuisine from Lucknow, Rastogis (business class, often associated with the selling of Chikan garments in Lucknow) and of course the staunch Brahamins from this Nawabi influenced city.
At Coquina we can give lessons to cook a special meal at home kitchens, let our guests cook under supervision and learn all about food history.
Coquina offers a truly experiential dining…..
- Home Cooking Lessons (pre-lunch / pre-dinner)
- Secret Recipes Decoding ( Awadhi recipes use some secret spices that are seldom disclosed by chefs )
- Complex Traditional Cooking in to Modern Practical Cooking ( yearning for taste in a fast moving life made possible )
- Special Culinary Lectures by Chefs, Food Critics and Traditional Royal-Household Cooks ( Check Schedules at Coquina if any )
- Exchange Culinary Lessons ( Guests and travelling Chefs exchange recipes with some unknown extinct Awadhi recipes )
“. . . gastronomical perfection can be reached in these combinations: one person dining alone, usually upon a couch or a hill side; two people, of no matter what sex or age, dining in a good restaurant; six people . . . dining in a good home.” – Fisher, ‘An Alphabet for Gourmets,’ 1949
Programme & Tariffs….
Coquina Class. > Learn a dish & enjoy a meal : INR 5000 per guest (max 4 guests under this package)
(Under this package, we transfer you from your city hotel to this private kitchen and you get to learn a full preparation of a single dish, half preparation of another, while rest of dishes may be pre-cooked)