1 kg chicken (broiler), cut into 6 pieces
1/2 cup ghee
2 tsp sonth (dry ginger powder)
Salt, to taste
10 cloves (laung)
1 tsp chilli powder or to taste
1 stick cinnamon, broken into small pieces
2 Tbsp saunf (fennel seeds)
1 1/2 tsp saffron soaked in 2 Tbsp warm milk
- Wash and wipe chicken dry.
- Heat ghee and fry the chicken pieces over high heat till light brown.
- Add sonth, laung, chilli powder, dalchini and saunf. Stir a few times and add 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer till chicken is tender.
- Add the kesar and cook till all the extra liquid dries up. Serve hot.