Chicken 1 kg
Ghee (clarified butter) 500 gms
Green Cardamom 10 gms
Sliced Onions 500 gms
White Zeera (cumin seeds) 25 gms
Red – Chilly Powder 25 gms
Turmeric Powder 25 gms
Rogani Mirch 20 gms
Salt 50 gms
Fresh Tomato Paste 200 gms
Garam Masala 20 gms
Green Coriander 50 gms
- In a Handi (deep copper open mouth vessel) heat ghee, add zeera and green cardamom allowing it to crackle.
- Add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Now add chicken, salt, red chilly powder, turmeric powder and rogani mirch. Keep stirring vigorously till chicken is coated with all spices equally, leaves oil and a bit of browning starts.
- Add tomato paste and stir well, cover the lid cook till it is cooked and ghee starts separating.
- Check the softness of chicken by piercing a fork, if you find that chicken is not tender allow it to cook further on slow fire.
- Add garam masala and stir well.
- Cover the vessel and allow it to be on slow fire for another 10 min, so that chicken absorbs the aroma of spices and spices loose their strong flavours.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot with Khamiri Roti or Nan