Goat/Lamb/Beef Meat mince ½ kg (Keema)
Onion ½ kg
Yogurt 250 gm
Green cardamom 2
Green chili 4
Mint leaves ½ bunch
Oil ½ cup
Cumin seeds 1 tbsp
Coconut 1 tbsp (desiccated)
Ginger garlic paste 2 tsp
Raw papaya 2 tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
All spice powder 2 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
- Mix together minced meat, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, salt, turmeric, raw papaya and yogurt.
- Mix well and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in pan, add chopped onion and fry well.
- Add marinated mince, cover and cook for 10 minutes or till tender.
- Now turn the flame high and fry well.
- Toast cumin seeds, desiccated coconut and small green cardamoms and add to the mixture.
- Lastly add some finely chopped green chilies, coriander & mint leaves.
- On a piece of aluminum place a burning coal in the pan, drop some oil, and cover for few minutes to get the smoky flavour.
- Remove coal, sprinkle all spice powder and serve hot in serving dish, garnished with fresh coriander leaves.
This dish goes well with breads such as Rumali roti or Khammeri Roti. Accompanied with fresh onion rings.