Mutton ½ kg
Oil 1 cup
Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp
Turmeric 1 tsp
Red chili powder 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Red lentils 1 cup
Tamarind juice 1 cup
Green chili 4
Curry leaves few
Cinnamon 1 tsp (roasted and ground)
- In a skillet, heat oil and add in water, mutton, onions, ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chili powder and salt and let it cook.
- Separately, wash the lentils and boil them.
- Once they’re tender, blend them finely.
- As the water from the meat dries out, give it a stir and add in the ground lentils along with tamarind juice, green chilies, curry leaves and tomatoes.
- The daal is ready when the green chilies soften.
- Now add in cinnamon and put it on simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with plain rice.