Tornos was established in 1994 as an experiential tour company, when the term ‘experiential’ was almost alien to Indian tourism. Tornos prides itself to be called a ‘Micro-Destination Management Company’ due to its core specialisation in only a small region of India or for operating tours on specific specialised themes, as we convincingly believe, experiences are best offered by small specialist and passionate operators and not by big operators who often sell what they may not understand and surely can not value local experiences due to lack of local knowledge and connect.
Presumably, we at Tornos started India’s first walking tour, ‘Heritage Walk’ in 1994 and soon after, also India’s first Food Walk, ‘Evening Culinary Walk’. Today we have more than 50 experiences for diverse interests and each well researched and meticulously planned to be delivered by experts in the subject (and not by general tourist guides). Most of our experiences are highly recommended by international travel magazines such as Conde Nast Traveller, National Geographic, Lonely Planet and Fodor’s.
Gastronomy, History and Culture happen to be our area of expertise and most of our products hover around these themes, be it the walking tours or cooking sessions, all are delivered with perfection and style. Knowledge and Careful Planning is the key that differentiates Tornos with so many tour companies and it is for this, that our products are held in high regard.
- Micro Destination Management © – Term Patented
- Destination Promotion
- Car & Coach Rentals (COVID-19 Sanitised Fleet)
- Tourist Guides & Escorts
- Heritage Walks (Concept, Research, Planning & Commissioning)
- Special Tourists’ Products
- Monument Entry Management
- Hotel Bookings (Indian Hotels)
- Air Ticketing (International & Domestic – Not independent of tours)
- Railway Ticketing (Indian Railways, Indian Luxury Trains – Not independent of tours)
- Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Events
- Wedding & Social Event Management
- Foreign Exchange (Buying & Selling; Currency, TC & Pre-paid Cards)
- Travel Insurance (Not independent of tours)