La Martiniere Decoded
(This tour is a well-researched product of Tornos from its series of ‘Curated Tours’).
A castle that could never be used to live, is a French imprint in Lucknow and narrates a story of how a Frenchman, Claude Martin rose to become Maj General in the British East India Company and all about his marshal deeds and charity that converted it into one of the most prestigious schools of India. This magnificent architecture stands on the banks of river Gomti and has absolutely no equal in India. Believe it or not, this is a school that received many honours, including ‘The Battle Honours’ for the defence of Residency in 1857.
We would explore La Martiniere on this curated tour and we would get a chance to enjoy tea and snacks at the school canteen or a specially arranged session at the school. On this very exclusive tour – ‘La Martiniere Decoded’, we take you on a walk through the campus of La Martiniere, visit the hidden corners to understand not only its history, but also to understand the education and administrative systems followed by the school. Decode La Martiniere with us !
INR 5500 Per guest (this is an exclusive independent tour and operates every day. – This is about 3 hrs tour)
- Exclusive car for the trip from your hotel to La Martiniere and back.
- Services of an exclusive La Martiniere specialist English Speaking Guide and entrances.
- Access to hidden corners and places in La Martiniere with special permission.
- Tea & snacks at school canteen with special arrangements
- La Martiniere related reference material shown during the tour (hand-outs and pictures)