For Better view use IE8+ version or any other Browser
Featured Recipe : Baigan Mirch Ka Salan|
Click Here to watch COQUINA’s introductory VIDEO
SMALL BABY EGG PLANT 600 GM
CAPSICUM 200 GM
GREEN CHILLIY WHOLE 50 GM
OIL FOR FRYING
DESICCATED COCONUT 25 GM
CORIANDER POWDER 10 GM
CUMIN SEED POWDER 5 GM
WHOLE PEPPER CORN 5 GM
RED CHILLI POWDER 5 GM
TURMERIC POWDER 5 GM
ALL SPICE POWDER 5 GM
GINGER 10 GM
GARLIC 10 GM
SESAME SEED 15 GM
CASHEW NUT 25 GM
PEANUT 20 GM
TAMARIND 20 GM
CURD 200 GM
FENUGREEK SEEDS 5 GM
WHOLE MUSTARD 3 GM
WHOLE RED CHILLI 8-10 NO
SALT TO TASTE
- Clean and cut capsicum into ½” x 2.5” long juliennes. fry and keep it aside.
- Clean and cut eggplant into four halves.
- Fry eggplant and whole green chillies and keep it aside.
- Roast sesame seed, cashew nut & peanut, whole peppercorns together and make a fine paste .
- Peel and clean ginger & garlic and make a fine paste.
- Soak the tamarind with some water, remove the seed and strain the tamarind pulp .
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan, put whole fenugreek seeds and wait till it start crackling. Add ginger and garlic paste and sauté well.
- Add coriander powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin seed powder, curd and cook well.
- Add paste of sesame seed, peanut, cashew nut and pepper corn to the above masala and sauté properly.
- Add approximately 500ml of water and cook well.
- Add fried eggplant, capsicum and green chilly and tamarind pulp to the above gravy and adjust seasoning.
- Temper whole dry red chilly and whole mustard seed and add to the prepared dish. Serve hot.
Click Here to watch an introductory VIDEO / Also check Events at COQUINA : Click Here / Buy some artisanal Indian Chutneys, Pickles & Spices at Coquina Shop : Click Here