1 kg meat
2 Tbsp refined oil
3-4 green cardamoms
1 tsp whole cinnamon
2 black cardamoms
2-3 bay leaves
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup water
1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garlic – fried and ground
1 tsp onions – fried and ground
3 Tbsp yogurt – beaten
2 tsp rose water
2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp nutmeg-cardamom powder
1/2 tsp saffron – soaked in water
Salt to taste
A few drops of itar
Wheat dough for dum
Fresh coriander and ginger juliennes – to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and add green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom and bay leaves.
- Add the meat and saute till lightly fried.
- Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Pour in the water, cover the pan and cook.
- When it starts boiling, add ginger- garlic paste, coriander powder, red chilli, garlic paste and onion paste.
- Mix well and add yoghurt, gulab-jal, garam masala, nutmeg and cinnamon powder and saffron.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Now transfer the meat in a heavy bottom pan and strain the gravy.
- Add a few drops of itar and cover the pan.
- Seal it with the wheat dough and cook on slow fire.
- Once done, garnish with fresh coriander and ginger juliennes and serve.